Amazon’s Alexa is an Amazon virtual assistant device that can provide reports regarding weather and news, map routes, and execute various other functions. Primarily, it was usually used in domicile, but now can be used in the car as well. Though, there are several ways by which one can get easily connected Amazon Alexa in your car by just following a few simple steps. By installing Amazon Alexa in their car, anyone asks for directions, receive and make phone calls, get limited points of interest, stream music, and access music player and various other things you can do in just one voice command. However, for accessing this device, you need internet connectivity as Alexa requires the internet, use your smartphone internet data pack.
Furthermore, there are some best and simple modes to get Alexa in a vehicle, and every mode has its hold cons and pros. While the Amazon Echo Auto is the best option, that’s the only tip of the iceberg. Below we described a few ways to install Alexa in your car, which are as follows:
- New Equipment Infotainment Centers.
- Amazon Echo Auto.
- Navigation Devices.
- Use an Echo Dot.
- Smart Speakers.
- Using your Smartphone.
Amazon Echo Auto
Amazon Echo Auto is basically an addition of the Echo product line, which is specially designed to use it in cars. However, it simply linked to your smartphone for access to the internet connection, as the Echo devices are not able to process speech and coming up with exact answers without even using the internet connection. As the Amazon Echo Auto is developed for using it in vehicles, it always comes with a 12v USB adapter, and it easily connects to the audio system of vehicle via an auxiliary wire or Bluetooth. Below we mention complete stepwise guide for installing Alexa in your car. The steps are quite simple and discussed here.
Steps to Install Alexa In the Car Using Alexa-Enabled Devices
When you completed the Amazon Echo Auto process, there are something more of Alexa-enabled devices which lets you install Alexa in their vehicle easily. Though, these devices drop into two types, which are as follows:
- Alexa-Enabled Bluetooth Speakers.
- Alexa-Enabled Navigation Devices.
Here are some steps which are quite simple and easy, only if you follow them in a proper sequence, as mentioned below. Doing this, in the same way, will save lots of time and efforts. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Alexa app’ to install it on your smartphone.
- Then, setting up the Alexa device on your phone.
- If the Alexa-enabled device has any other proprietary app, set it up and install on your smartphone.
- Now, connect the Alexa-enabled device in your car. This device needs to setup it to the windshield, or dash, placing it in any holder, or setting it up in any secure places.
- If prompted, connect your Alexa-enabled device in any of the car electrical systems through 12v accessory socket or cigarette lighter.
- After that, power on the device and linked it to the Alexa app.
- Next, enable your smartphone hotspot or carefully enable the Wi-Fi hotspot to provide an internet connection.
- Join Alexa-Enabled device to the car’s audio system via Bluetooth or wired auxiliary connection, if available.
Finally, your device is ready to access Alexa in your car by using the Voice commands.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.