Microsoft allows you to install fonts on all version of operating system. Users can install fonts they want on their Windows and use them directly on any editing applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and in other programs. With the use of unique fonts, you can make your documents more attractive and clean.
Here are the step by step instructions for how to install and uninstall fonts on you Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft allows you to easily and quickly add new fonts to your Windows 7 PC. You can add fonts to your Windows 7 PC with or without accessing Administrator account.
How to add fonts with Windows 7 Admin Access
There are thousands of font sites are available on the net. So make sure to use a popular font’s site such as www.dafont.com, www.fontspace.com or www.fontsquirrel.com.
1. Log in with the ‘Administrator’ account on your Window 7 PC.
2. Locate to a trusted font site with your Windows Browser.
3. Select the fonts and download it to your PC. The fonts will download as ‘ZIP, RAR, TTF or OTF’ format files.
• If the fonts are downloads in ZIP format, then double click on it to access to the fonts setup.
• If the fonts are downloads in RAR format, then use an application (such as 7-Zip or WinRAR) that will open the ‘RAR’ format file.
• Avoid an EXE format font file. After opening the file,
4. Double-click on the font file to preview fonts.
5. Hit the ‘Install’ button near the top-left corner of the preview screen.
Right-click on the font files and select ‘Install’ to install that font.
Open ‘Control Panel’.
Search and open ‘Fonts’ settings.
And drag the ‘Fonts’ files into the list.
6. ‘Allow’ on the confirming Windows to make changes.
7. Provide your ‘Administrator’ account password, when asked.
8. After confirming, fonts are installed in your Windows 7 PC.
You’ll check and use new fonts in any editing program.
How to remove fonts?
Remember installing too many fonts will slow down your PC. So if you don’t want any font, then you can remove it easily.
1. Open ‘Control Panel’.
2. Search and open ‘Fonts’ settings from the Control panel window.
3. Search and navigate to the font you want to delete.
4. Right-click on the font you want to delete.
5. And select ‘Delete’ from the options.
6. Confirm on the Confirming Window.
The selected font will be removed from your PC, and the documents written with those fonts will convert into the system’s font.
How to add fonts with no admin access?
If you haven’t access to the administrator account, then you’ll need an application that installs fonts without requiring Administrator access.
1. Download a ‘PortableApps’ Platform. Use ‘www.portableapps.com’ to download the program.
2. Click ‘Next’ button and begin installing process.
3. Click on ‘Select a custom location..’ and choose a location(My Document) for installation.
4. After completing the installation, go to ‘Desktop’.
5. Open ‘PortableApps’ folder.
6. And then go to the ‘Data’ folder.
7. Check for ‘Fonts’ folder into the data folder. If it is not, then create a new folder with ‘Fonts’ name.
8. Add all ‘Fonts’ to the Fonts folder.
9. Now, close the ‘Platform’. (Right-click on ‘Programs’ icon and click on ‘Exit’).
10. Restart ‘Programs’ again. After adding fonts, you can open any editing program in your current account and check your new font there.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.