People planning to go for Linux first time should note that it will be better if used in a virtual machine. Fortunately, many virtual machine software are present in the market. To find out how you can run Ubuntu in Windows via VirtualBox, read on.
The method of installing VirtualBox
- Firstly, after visiting the first screen, i.e. welcome screen, you need to press on Next.
- Then, you shall be prompted to state which components you would like installing. We suggest you not to make changes in it and let the default options be chosen.
- After that, press on Next one more time.
- Next, select in which folder you want VirtualBox to be displayed while using the Windows menu structure.
- Over here, you shall be able to choose if you want to make a desktop shortcut or not.
- After that, press Next.
- Then, press on Install to begin the installation.
- At the time of installation, you might be asked for permission to get the app, and the antivirus and firewall software might ask for permission so that you can install VirtualBox. Give the same.
The method of making Virtual Machine
- Firstly, write the descriptive name in the Name box.
- Then, choose Linux as the Type.
- After that, select Ubuntu as the Version.
- Lastly, click on Next for continuing.
The method of making Virtual Hard Drive
- Firstly, choose to Create a virtual hard drive.
- Then, press on ‘Create.’
- Next, you have to choose the kind of hard drive to create. Choose VDI.
- Lastly, tap on Next.
If your device has sufficient disk area, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, choose the likely hard drive type.
- Then, press on ‘Next.’
- Specify the amount of disk area that you are about to give to the Ubuntu Virtual Machine.
- Next, select wherever you want to save the virtual machine.
- After that, mention the disk size.
- Lastly, click on Create.
The method of starting the Virtual Machine
- Firstly, press on the folder symbol.
- Then, visit the downloads folder.
- After that, choose Ubuntu ISO.
- Lastly, tap on the Start option.
The method of doing partition of Virtual Hard Drive
- Firstly, choose Erase disk and install Ubuntu.
- Then, press Install Now.
- Lastly, note that the installation starts, as well as the documents are saved in the Virtual hard drive.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.